The Working Internships in Science and Engineering (WISE) scholarship programme supports Indian students from selected institutions to do a research internship at a publicly funded German higher education or a research institute.
This year, the programme is being offered online to 110 scholarship holders, in view of the ongoing pandemic.
The WISE package offers the scholarship holders of year 2021:
- Virtual Summer Academy
The academy will include panel discussions and workshops on intercultural training, application writing, and scientific writing. Scholars will also get insights into future education and career prospects in Germany.
- Remote Internship
Scholarship holders will pursue their originally planned internships on a remote basis for 1, 2 or 3 months between June and September 2021.
- German Language Classes
Scholarship holders will participate in an online German language course (Level A1) and get an exposure into the German culture and language. The classes will be conducted by the Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan New Delhi.
The WISE Virtual Summer Academy will take place between 9 and 20 August 2021.
9 August 2021 – Welcome and Opening Session
- Dr. Muriel Helbig, Vice President, DAAD
- Dr. Katja Lasch, Director, DAAD Regional Office, New Delhi
- Christian Strowa, Head of Section – Asia, Pacific, DAAD
Panel Discussion – The Future of Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Nora Kulak, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
- Prof. Dr. Frank Pollmann TU Munich
Moderator: Christian Strowa, Head of Section – Asia, Pacific, DAAD Bonn
10-19 August 2021 – Training Workshops
- Intercultural Training: Minal Sauerhammer
- Application Writing: Jessica Schüller
- Scientific Writing: Dr. Reinhard Klein-Arendt, Dr. Birte Kathage
20 August 2021 – Concluding Session
Panel Discussion – Career perspectives in German Industry and Academia
- George Ettiyil, Senior Director Sales, Lufthansa, South Asia
- Sonia Prashar, Deputy Director General, Indo-German Chamber of Commerce, New Delhi
- Anshuman Acharya, WISE Alumnus 2019
Moderator: Dr. Katja Lasch, Director, DAAD Regional Office, New Delhi
Closing remarks: Ishika D’Monty, DAAD New Delhi; Jana Dalinger, DAAD Bonn